Search for content in message boards

Is George Martin Husband of Susannah North Son of Mayflower Passenger Christopher Martin?

Replies: 22

Re: Is George Martin Husband of Susannah North Son of Mayflower Passenger Christopher Martin?

Posted: 5 Oct 2010 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I've been doing some research lately... I am descended from Susannah and George Martin through Hanna's sister, Ester.
Christopher Martin was married in England before his voyage to a first wife and had children. The son that traveled with him and his second wife on the Mayflower I believe was a stepson and older. They left their own toddler son with family in England. The practice at the time of the Pilgrims was to keep a child with the mother until about 8 and then have them live with another family for training. This would help bring up proper children and prevent them from being spoiled. A Puritan practice i believe. So,it might not be so far fetched to believe they would leave a young child behind and protected in England. Christopher Martin was not necessarily immigrating because of just religious reasons and had money and influence of some sort. He more than likely had children with his first wife. Both George and Christopher were from the Hampshire England area. Christopher would have been 48 when George s born. George would have been 2 when they left on the mayflower. I have not found the solid proof of the connection between Christopher Martin and George Martin.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cmhazlett 23 Sep 2010 11:45PM GMT 
kyngerycharde 24 Sep 2010 4:39PM GMT 
dbsainteagle 6 Oct 2010 3:28AM GMT 
Janice_Corley 10 Jan 2011 4:59PM GMT 
nugalindo 6 Feb 2011 4:19PM GMT 
msmartins 18 May 2011 2:21AM GMT 
KaleighAlayne... 23 Jun 2011 10:03AM GMT 
kriz1210 20 Dec 2011 10:03AM GMT 
Aliciamartin0... 15 Mar 2012 1:00PM GMT 
Corley_Jan 31 May 2012 6:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions