Search for content in message boards

Where Are the Better Analysis Tools ?

Replies: 7

Where Are the Better Analysis Tools ?

Posted: 16 Sep 2013 9:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I hope there are others who lust for the same answers. (Yes, I said 'lust'....) My question is based upon my approach to seeking genealogical family records. I won't bore you with that drivel, but I feel the need to have more sophisticated analysis functions in acquisition of records, as well, as tree control.

I have in excess of 7500 'documented' members in my children's two-trunk family tree. This includes all 'marriage' branches, as well, as the 'direct line' branches. (I hope I'm using understandable terms.) As you can imagine, this effort should go on forever, or conceptually, until I've acquired all documented, existing foreign records, and records up to the 1940 Federal Census in the US. However, at any point in this search, I would like to determine 'how far off of the 'direct line' tree my acquisition effort is, and how better to prioritize my searching. Does anyone else have this problem (or perspective) ?

In addition, is anyone has experienced the genealogy application "GENSMARTS", it offers a vast array of searching options, based upon a review of your Family Tree Maker file. Some of it is simply description of data omissions that can be pursued, but it also offers suggestions for specific and general genealogic data record collections that would LOGICALLY be possible locations of missing records and/or data. Is it possible for ANCESTRY to provide some "advanced" tools for Users, to facilitate, expedite, and infuse data integrity into, our respective family trees quest.

If these questions have already been asked or answered, please accept my apologies for my ignorance, but if there are proposals under review or in process of implementation, that information would go along way towards inspiring, focusing, and directing my future search.

I welcome any comments or suggestions in these regards, and as always, I wish 'good hunting' to all searchers.

Regards
Peter Marcato
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pmarcato_ance... 16 Sep 2013 3:25PM GMT 
charlot92 17 Sep 2013 5:40PM GMT 
cjlacour 23 Oct 2013 12:50PM GMT 
cptriple1120 7 Nov 2013 2:00AM GMT 
cjlacour 7 Nov 2013 2:02AM GMT 
bobjuch2 7 Nov 2013 2:14AM GMT 
cptriple1120 7 Nov 2013 2:33AM GMT 
bobjuch2 7 Nov 2013 2:39AM GMT 
per page