Search for content in message boards

Merging two individuals in FTM 2014 results in duplicate person in AMT after sync

Replies: 2

Merging two individuals in FTM 2014 results in duplicate person in AMT after sync

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
When working in my FTM 2014 database recently, I realized that I had two profiles for the same person: one as the daughter of a set of my ancestors, and one as the spouse of another of my ancestors. When I realized they were the same I used the merge individuals tool in FTM 2014 and went about my merry way. After synching most recently, I discovered that there were 5596 individuals listed in my AMT file and 5595 in my FTM 2014 file. Sure enough, that extra person in AMT was the person I'd merged. Interestingly, she was unattached in AMT, as her spouse and parent relationships were all in the other, correct version of her. All that was left of this duplicate was a marriage fact and source, but no spouse or parents. I deleted the marriage and then the person for this duplicate person and synched my trees again. This time, the number of persons matches. So it would appear that the merge individuals tool is a bit wonky when it comes to synching in a way it didn't appear to be in 2012.

FWIW.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jwardh 17 Sep 2013 9:47AM GMT 
jwardh 22 Sep 2013 1:02AM GMT 
Yvette Hoitin... 22 Dec 2013 10:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions