Search for content in message boards

CAUTION - Change in WebSearch Form

Replies: 0

CAUTION - Change in WebSearch Form

Posted: 6 Oct 2013 8:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Oct 2013 8:46AM GMT
I'm not entirely sure if I've hit a button that's changed the appearance of my WebSearch Form, or if ancestry/ftm has rolled out an unannounced change, but beginning sometime in the past day or two, the WebSearch Form in FTM is different.

There now seems to be a Basic Search and and Advanced Search Form. Basic search does not give the option to zero-in on searches by using Exact, or to widen Searches by using a range of dates. You have to scroll to the bottom of the Basic Search form with every search, click on "Advanced Search Form" and then proceed.

I wish they let you set the default to be advanced, or use whichever choice you used last time, or at least put the link to the Advanced Form at the top of the page so you don't have to scroll to the bottom.

The area where this has the largest effect to me is that I almost always use a plus or minus 5 year range from date of birth on my searches. So now, I have to scroll to the bottom of the search page with every search to make that option. I make dozens of searches each day, so this is just adding unnecessary effort to my work.

Is anyone else having similar experiences?

Find a board about a specific topic