Search for content in message boards

Questions for 2014 Users re: Media Workspace

Replies: 5

Re: Questions for 2014 Users re: Media Workspace

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 7:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
I ask because an interface that doesn't use thumbnails (and just text) would be a lot faster. With thousands of items, it takes forever, for example, to link an existing media item to a source citation (especially when it loads displaying by media category; by person isn't so bad, though it's a real pain still to locate the person and desired media).

I don't think you need to sync to get user-created stories from member trees at Ancestry.com, although I've never tried to add them to my tree via FTM (only via Ancestry.com), so I can't say for sure. Anyway, those come down to FTM as HTM, and although there is already a web-browser built into FTM, FTM launches an external browser to be able to see those stories. Although it's nice to have the option to view a media file in an external application, it doesn't make working with those files very efficient, especially for users without multiple monitors who would have to tab back and forth as they transcribe, create facts, etc.

What about the smart stories? Those are seen at Ancestry.com as RTF. From the media workspace, they're .FTMS files and they display with an Ancestry styled icon. You cannot click the icon to open the file, but you can click on the file link to open it.

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marco Scavo 1 Nov 2013 2:55AM GMT 
jamclo 4 Nov 2013 3:31AM GMT 
Marco Scavo 4 Nov 2013 1:45PM GMT 
jamclo 4 Nov 2013 11:03PM GMT 
Marco Scavo 5 Nov 2013 2:20PM GMT 
John Howard 2 Mar 2014 12:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions