Search for content in message boards

charts

Replies: 3
Posted: 14 Nov 2013 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Nov 2013 2:54PM GMT
There is a CHART and a REPORT that will both work for you. They both have advantages & disadvantages. I find the Report has more advantages (for me) and I use it more often.

The REPORT is the Outline Descendant Report at Publish > Relationship Reports.

Either select your top-of-line ancestor before you go into Publish, or select him or her from the mini-tree at the top of the page in the Publish Workspace. (Click on the brownish looking folder to get to an index).

In the right panel is a section called "Descendants" click on the down arrow bar there and the descendants of that ancestor will be listed. You can either scroll down the list or type in one letter for the first letter of the surname of the descendant. That will set the "bottom" of your report.

To select various items of info, click on the upper left button (items to include). Choose the facts you want - the fewer the less cluttered.

You can change the number of characters to be indented by selecting them in the right column

See other options in the right panel and buttons on the button bar.

RELATIONSHIP CHART

This chart is intended to show how two people in your file who share a common ancestor are related, by showing two columns. It will work for a top-of-line ancestor and a descendant - it just shows one column

This is under charts.

It has fewer options and items to include and is usually a longer report in terms of space (not content).

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
buckie 14 Nov 2013 9:09PM GMT 
silverfox3280 14 Nov 2013 9:53PM GMT 
buckie 14 Nov 2013 10:27PM GMT 
curmil 15 Nov 2013 12:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic