Search for content in message boards

Problem with merging files

Replies: 3

Re: Problem with merging files

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks very much. I was trying to merge the Reunion/Mac file I have with the Ancestry Tree, mainly so I could add the sources (census, etc.) from Ancestry that I had been adding for years to the Ancestry Tree, without necessarily also adding the sources to my Reunion file. So, I think the reason it didn't work too well is because the Ancestry Tree was pretty willy-nilly because I didn't always follow through with identifying relationships but was concentrating on saving the sources. When I merged them , of course there were many without connections as well as many duplicates that couldn't resolve well because of the lack of information on where the person information should be connected. So, I learned a lesson and have started over with a new plan: import the more accurate Reunion file into FTM and also import the Ancestry Tree with the sources. Then, I created and saved (for printing) both versions of the Resource Documents available on FTM. It will be a lot of manual labor but with that data I can compare the files and add sources from Ancestry where appropriate and keep the integrity of the connections/relationships from the Reunion file. Thanks again.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
modonnell05 16 Nov 2013 1:25AM GMT 
silverfox3280 16 Nov 2013 4:11AM GMT 
barbarajfn 16 Nov 2013 5:45PM GMT 
modonnell05 16 Nov 2013 9:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic