Search for content in message boards

FTM and Windows 8.1

Replies: 8

Re: FTM and Windows 8.1

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 11:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
keithnuttle comment

“My only wish is that I could have more windows open to different people in the database. Different windows open so I could compare John Doe and James Smith at simultaneously”

First of all, I agree with you, I would like to have more windows open at one time

Here are some a very kludgy, time consuming ways to do what you are saying

Assuming you have at least two monitors ---------I have three and I use these techniques

I run and save say a Register Report for John Doe

I then bring up the Register Report for John Doe on one of my screens

I then create a Register report for James Smith and bring it up on the second monitor

I then can scroll up or down on either monitor and make comparisons

Another way is to create a custom report that includes just John Doe and James Smith ------Include all the fact names in the report

Then you can bring up the report and review it

A third way is to port your Data Base to say Legacy and bring up your genealogy on the Legacy software on one screen and bring up your genealogy on the FTM software on the other screen.

You then can easily bring up various people/facts/information/reports and compare them

I use this third method quite frequently to help me sort out and fix things in FTM

They are all somewhat kludgy, but I have had to resort to them to do some of the things I want to do

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jack Edmunds 22 Nov 2013 1:57AM GMT 
David Abernat... 22 Nov 2013 2:39AM GMT 
Jack Edmunds 22 Nov 2013 3:21AM GMT 
curmil 22 Nov 2013 12:08PM GMT 
keithnuttle 22 Nov 2013 1:57PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 22 Nov 2013 6:25PM GMT 
Jack Edmunds 22 Nov 2013 6:11PM GMT 
David Abernat... 22 Nov 2013 6:52PM GMT 
Jack Edmunds 22 Nov 2013 9:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic