Search for content in message boards

FTM Sources & Citations: Email

Replies: 6

FTM Sources & Citations: Email

Posted: 21 Nov 2013 7:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've confused myself, I think, and am hoping that some simple counsel from the forum can help...

I understand how to properly write a citation (source and reference) for an email message that I want to include as a source in my genealogy research. What I DON'T understand is how to get that citation to work correctly in FTM (I am using FTM2012). Should each email message (individual pieces of email correspondence) become an individual item in the Source list? I create a pdf (including metadata) of the email conversation and want to use that email as a "source" for certain facts (e.g. if a relative details birth information ("facts") for his children). If I attach every piece of email correspondence I will have an enormous list of sources. But in FTM, I don't see any other way to include the source and its associated media file (the pdf of the email) in order to link it to related fact(s).

Can anyone offer insight? Anyone willing to share your practices as it relates to using individual pieces of correspondence (be they letters, emails, text messages, facebook postings, etc.) as sources in FTM?

Thanks for the help!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
docjavadude 22 Nov 2013 2:23AM GMT 
BrklynBridge 22 Nov 2013 3:52AM GMT 
docjavadude 22 Nov 2013 4:19AM GMT 
docjavadude 22 Nov 2013 4:29AM GMT 
docjavadude 22 Nov 2013 4:34AM GMT 
silverfox3280 22 Nov 2013 4:58AM GMT 
docjavadude 22 Nov 2013 5:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic