Search for content in message boards

Database checks – FTM 2012 vs. FTM 2014

Replies: 1

Database checks – FTM 2012 vs. FTM 2014

Posted: 15 Jan 2014 9:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone else noticed the difference between the database check routines (Tools > Compact File, before the compact operation) in FTM 2012 and FTM 2014?

* FTM 2012 checks record links for the following tables – Records, Facts, People, Families, Children, Media References, Source References, and Note References.

* FTM 2014 checks record links for the following tables – Facts.

I might add that the check of record links for the Facts table in FTM 2014 was not added until the release of the first FTM 2014 patch, as even that check was missing during beta testing and in the original release software. I identified the missing database record link checks during beta testing, was assured the routines would be added before release of the software, then again after the release of FTM 2014 when I discovered the check routines had not been added to the software.

I again identified the problem via telephone to Ancestry support Dec. 2, 2013, spending time speaking with a representative and being placed on hold several times while she spoke with her supervisor. I was told a report were being filed, and fix ticket would be activated. I was assured that her supervisor would call me back.

Since I received no telephone call from Ancestry, five weeks later I again called Ancestry. After that support representative had read through the recorded notes, I was told the fix ticket from Dec 2nd had been cancelled with no action taken. Again I was told a new fix ticket would be initiated and I would be called. So far, no response from Ancestry.

I moved to FTM 2012 (and now use FTM 2014) last year from a genealogy software database I had been using since 2002. Unfortunately the other software had ceased development in 2007. The other software has an excellent series of database table check routines, where problems are identified and the user is offered automatic fixes or a list of any problems errors can be checked and fixed manually. I even suggested such a process for FTM 2014 during beta testing, yet never received a response to the suggestion.

Denise
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmossfritch 16 Jan 2014 4:04AM GMT 
bojangles2_1 16 Jan 2014 1:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions