Search for content in message boards

FTM For MAC 3 - Relationships Lost During Import

Replies: 2

FTM For MAC 3 - Relationships Lost During Import

Posted: 17 Jan 2014 9:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am having a horrible experience with FTM For Mac3. I've spent the last two days trying to download my online tree to merge it with my computer tree so I could then reload it up to the online tree in sync mode. The problem appears to be the import from FTM mac2 into FTM mac3. First, I painstakingly went through the merge process, reconciling almost 200 individuals only to have the resulting merge duplicate a large number of people. The second time I did this I made sure I matched up all the people who were listed as "new". Again, this was about 100 people. Still, the result was numerous duplicates that I needed to manually merge because people appear to become detached from their family units.

Frustrated, I decided to forget trying to merge the two files since I was pretty confident that my computer tree was more up to date. However, when I load my backup tree from Mac2 into Mac3 I once again am getting orphans. When I load the same exact file in Mac2 everything comes out fine. Is anyone else experiencing this? Basically this renders the Mac3 useless from my perspective since I'd have to relink god knows how many relationships.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lsbeal 18 Jan 2014 4:32AM GMT 
jwardh 18 Jan 2014 4:39AM GMT 
lsbeal 18 Jan 2014 12:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic