Search for content in message boards

Search results have changed!

Replies: 4

Search results have changed!

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi everyeone

Something very frustrating has happened when you click on 'more results' in FTM in the past two days. Whereas before I used to get my usual hints and then lots more results when i clicked 'more results' i now only get 2 or 3 results.

In order to get more results i have to manually edit the search and take out middle names and sometimes all relationships in order to get results to show up.

Its very frustrating and up until this point I have been very happy with FTM but when it won't even link to something basic like a 1911 census and i have to take all information out simply to bring the record up, it makes me think its time to change software to something more reliable.

Nothing has changed in the way that i search for people and i don't have any 'exact' boxes selected when i search. Its almost as if Ancestry have changed the search parameters in the database to be more exact and its limiting the number of results you get back to the point of being prohibitive.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
davinci42 20 Jan 2014 9:52PM GMT 
silverfox3280 20 Jan 2014 10:23PM GMT 
davinci42 21 Jan 2014 2:35AM GMT 
keithnuttle 21 Jan 2014 2:51AM GMT 
BurgessDonnel... 21 Jan 2014 3:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions