The tree was originally on Ancestry and synched with FTM 2014 Upgrade. However, I had to replace my computer and I installed the FTM 2014 Upgrade on it but couldn’t’ get it to work properly. So before doing any Uploading or Downloading I uninstalled it. Then I installed FTM 2012 and then the FTM 2014 Upgrade. I then Downloaded a copy of my tree from Ancestry and synched it with FTM 2014.
Next, I looked at Ancestry and found that I had a tree with a new name, i.e. the number (2) after its name. That confused me, so I did a backup of the FTM tree to my computer and deleted the one on Ancestry. After which I restored the FTM computer backup to FTM and then Uploaded that tree to Ancestry and synched them.
This tree again has a slightly different name on Ancestry from the original, but I’m OK with that. Looking at it on Ancestry is where I seem to have the extra names that were not on my original tree as I don’t recall adding them. However, they do all seem to be related to me in one way or another, but some of the people links and information from the hints needs to be redone.
I hope that makes sense of what I’m trying to say. It took me a year to build my original tree and I’ve now got my fingers crossed that I won’t have to start again. Just going back over it and correcting any errors will take long enough. Many thanks.