Search for content in message boards

Closing FTM takes longer since update

Replies: 4

Re: Closing FTM takes longer since update

Posted: 1 Mar 2014 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
chris_nicaby omment

"I have noticed since the latest update that if I close FTM 2014 then try to restart it, it begins to initialise, then Windows Vista intervenes and kills it. Waiting a while then restarting will bring the program up, but with no file selected, and it instructs you to compact the file because FTM was closed abnormally. It appears that you now need to wait 3 to 4 minutes after closing down before it will start up again cleanly. In the past I could wait 30 seconds or so and it would re-start. It would be helpful if the program displayed a closing dialog until it was ready to finish. Anyone else experienced this, or is it a Vista problem?

Chris.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris

I had this same exact problem with Windows XP and it seemed to start happening after the last update

It didn't seem to do any harm to FTM 2014 nor my data base. It, however was frustrating. It also did not happen every single time I tried to bring up the program the first time for the day, but it did happen most of most of the time. In my case it just stopped initializing, with no messages or anything.

When I clicked on my FTM 2014 icon the second time I got the exact message you describe

I just bought a new computer that will have Microsoft 8.1 as the operating system and am in the process of installing it, so I do not know what will happen as far as this issue goes when I Initialize FTM 2014 for the first time. I am hoping/counting on it going away
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chris_rickaby 28 Feb 2014 1:32PM GMT 
tulrose 28 Feb 2014 2:56PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 1 Mar 2014 10:05AM GMT 
ginglish1 1 Mar 2014 2:16PM GMT 
David Abernat... 1 Mar 2014 10:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions