Search for content in message boards

FTM 2014 Upgrade Pricing

Replies: 10

FTM 2014 Upgrade Pricing

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 8:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Has anyone from Canada managed to find out anything about an offer of an upgrade price for FTM 2014 to current users of FTM? I contacted ancestry.ca (10 Dec 2013) and was told the upgrade pricing offer was not available in Canada, but they were "aware of the demand for the upgrade from our Canadian members." Later I called the support phone number and was told there was a button missing from the "Shop" page, and to try in a couple of days. Checked in a couple of days... nothing. Called a week later, same excuse. Called a couple of weeks later, and got dark hints of "something ugly" going on, but no upgrade button, no info on the website about the status of upgrade pricing... absolutely nothing. I called Nova Development and they said the pricing was done by ancestry, they just fulfilled the orders. Tried ancestry.ca yesterday, got the same non-committal answers, and a suggestion that us being part of the International Division might be the reason (nope, the Brits have upgrade pricing). That they don't know what's going on just beggars belief.

So, here we are, the end of Feb 2014. Seems like everyone else in the world gets an upgrade price, but not us. I know we are the guinea pig for all electronic products, no hardcopy (discs, books)... are they testing the willingness of current owners to buy at the full price if an upgrade price is not offered?

How many Canadians out there have given up waiting and bought FTM 2014 at full price? Who's still waiting for upgrade pricing? Any info on your experience with this issue will be welcomed.

John

John
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Howard 28 Feb 2014 3:32PM GMT 
David Abernat... 28 Feb 2014 4:34PM GMT 
John Howard 28 Feb 2014 6:10PM GMT 
David Abernat... 28 Feb 2014 9:18PM GMT 
John Howard 28 Feb 2014 11:01PM GMT 
David Abernat... 1 Mar 2014 1:54AM GMT 
John Howard 28 Feb 2014 11:42PM GMT 
John Howard 1 Mar 2014 8:26PM GMT 
David Abernat... 1 Mar 2014 10:00PM GMT