Search for content in message boards

Uploading FTM Tree to Different Ancestry.com Account

Replies: 1

Uploading FTM Tree to Different Ancestry.com Account

Posted: 25 Mar 2014 2:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello all.

I've posted the following message to the "Online Support Community" message board, but haven't gotten any response, so I thought I'd post it over here:

I'm having a problem. Here's the situation: I got my father a one-year membership to ancestry.com about three years ago, and he renewed that membership for another year when the first year expired. I had purchased Family Tree Maker 2012 and synced it to his account. After his second subscription expired, he didn't renew the membership.

I was recently given a new one-year membership. When I activated it, it created a new ancestry.com account.

What I would like to do is upload our tree from FTM2012 to my new account. The first thing I did was to go into FTM and "unlink" my FTM tree from my dad's ancestry.com account. I thought I would then be able to use the "Upload and Link to Ancestry" button to choose another ancestry.com account and upload to the new account that I would specify. However, when I try that, all that happens is that the old link to my dad's account is re-established and the upload begins from FTM to my dad's old (and lapsed) account. Sacre bleu!

How do I truly sever the link between FTM and the old account, and then establish a new link between FTM and my new account? Any help that anybody can offer would truly be appreciated.

Charles Reed
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charles Reed 25 Mar 2014 8:27PM GMT 
silverfox3280 25 Mar 2014 9:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions