Search for content in message boards

Has TreeSync gotten any better?

Replies: 3

Has TreeSync gotten any better?

Posted: 7 Apr 2014 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been away from Ancestry.com for the last nine (9) months or so. I am looking to update my trees and will be contacting other family members both for information and to invite them to view the appropriate tree.

But before I get too involved in that kind of thing, I'll want to be able to advise them about the TreeSync feature. By about March of 2012 I had come to the conclusion that while FTM 2012 was very nice as a desktop application, the TreeSync feature was a disaster. My entire computer would get "frozen", unable to do anything as it tried to keep constantly in communication with Ancestry.com. Either that, or the entire tree would get duplicated in FTM, leaving me wondering just how to edit entries or to just start over (it was unfixable so I started over).

My previous advice to family members was to use either FTM or Ancestry.com or even use them both, but to deliberately ignore the siren call (and constant reminders) of the TreeSync feature. It was often quite fun, I even had a little comedy routine to tell them that everything EXCEPT TreeSync was just fine.

But now, since I have been away for so long, I thought it prudent to ask how things have been with FTM/Ancestry and TreeSync. So how is TreeSync working out these days? Is it a lot better or only marginally so? Perhaps FTM 2014 has conquered the TreeSync problem? How goes it?

Thank you for your input.

SFurse5
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SFurse5 8 Apr 2014 3:01AM GMT 
johndd189 8 Apr 2014 5:54AM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 8 Apr 2014 4:07PM GMT 
yankeefloridi... 9 Apr 2014 2:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions