Search for content in message boards

Who can download GEDCOMs from Ancestry.com member Trees?

Replies: 64

Re: Who can download GEDCOMs from Ancestry.com member Trees?

Posted: 8 Dec 2010 1:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for all comments on copyright issues. When I reread the story, I saw that I had identified myself as the only granddaughter and had signed it. Rather than start an Ancestry hassle, I sent one more note politely asking that the story be replaced with the version in a link I provided.

Here is the response:

"I took it off completely. The second rendition of your article is the same except for removing a few people who are still living. Your cousins are way too sensitive about their names being named in the article. I generally don't make corrections on request. If it is on an ancestry page I use it.You must be going nuts seeing your photo offerings and stories over many people's pages but once it's public there is no way to control it, I guess."
-----
In reply I thanked her most sincerely for her gracious response and for removing the story. In your honor, elhan00, I also said that I've never gone "nuts" seeing images I chose to share, but I do feel sorry for people who see their own photos of "Mom" or "Dad" in galleries of people who aren't related and haven't the courtesy to change a file name. ;-}

BTW, for anyone interested, elhan00 and I were dealing with two different people. Just goes to show there are strange folks on both sides of the pond. }
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
snathaidmhor 10 May 2010 10:15PM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 10 May 2010 11:50PM GMT 
pcejones 6 Sep 2010 5:01PM GMT 
jdyrly 7 Dec 2010 5:31AM GMT 
pcejones 7 Dec 2010 7:23AM GMT 
jdyrly 8 Dec 2010 8:34PM GMT 
jdyrly 9 Dec 2010 7:00PM GMT 
tony_knight 7 Dec 2010 8:08AM GMT 
jdyrly 7 Dec 2010 10:36PM GMT 
tony_knight 8 Dec 2010 11:57AM GMT 
per page