Search for content in message boards

Venting about the org. Family Tree that now has merged with ancestry.com Family Tree

Replies: 29

Re: attn: Russ - Venting about the org. Family Tree that now has merged with ancestry.com Family Tree

Posted: 7 Aug 2010 8:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Theresa,

There is one Family Tree Maker PROGRAM. Yes, it has had a number of Versions. Each of the Versions of Family Tree Maker have an installation CD. NOTHING to do with Ancestry.com.

A couple of years ago, Ancestry.com did take ownership of the development of the Program, but the program still has the Family Tree Maker program name. Still runs on a PC, Still is installed from a CD.

Nothing was Merged. The only thing that changed was ownership.

There is no Ancestry.com Tree Maker Program that I am aware of. Ancestry.com DOES have an Online Tree, currently called a Member Family Tree, where all of the work is done Online. You CAN upload and download information from the PC to the Internet and the Internet to the PC. Family Tree Maker on the PC and the Member Family Tree online.

Any time you Upload a Tree from your PC, you create a New Member Family Tree online. Anytime you download a tree (file) to your PC, you create a new family file on your PC.

I am sorry that you don't like the program that is on your Laptop. What is the Program you are using and what is it's version number (Help, About)?

What is the "Org.Family Tree Program"? Don't know that one either. Who developed that program?

Just trying to understand what the venting is all about. I understand that you are not happy, and are frustrated, but not sure as what.

I find that the Family Tree Maker program is very helpful and I use it almost daily for my family research.

Russ
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Theresa Roger... 4 Aug 2010 6:00AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 4 Aug 2010 10:57AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 4 Aug 2010 1:46PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 4 Aug 2010 2:24PM GMT 
Theresa Roger... 8 Aug 2010 12:55AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 8 Aug 2010 2:28AM GMT 
Theresa Roger... 16 Aug 2010 4:21AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 16 Aug 2010 8:51AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 16 Aug 2010 9:41AM GMT 
Donna Forsman 1 Sep 2010 8:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions