Search for content in message boards

FTM 2011 and Memory leak issues

Replies: 28

Re: FTM 2012 and Memory leak issues

Posted: 29 May 2013 9:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Simon Webley comment
"Until these underlying issues are resolved, perhaps a nice-to-have feature would be an on-screen reminder of memory utilization and warning when the limit is being approached? If anyone knows if there is a monitoring utility (apart from task Manager) that can provide this, I would like to know"

Simon, as part of the AOL service they provide a program they call "AOL computer checkup" It has quite a few features and seems to be quite ssfe to use, though it doesn't have a monitoring feature like you want. It does have quite a few features that I have found to be fairly helful in keeping my FTM 2012 data base running somewhat smoothly.

One of these features is a so called Memory Optimizer - and "optimizes your memory, manages cache and reclaims leaked memory"

I always use the program after I am done for the day, but sometimes when FTM is a little quirky I shut it down and use the program to clean up my computer.

I also do a lot of other things to help - a lot have been discussed on this forum - I recently started removing some of my programs from automatically starting when my omputer starts up - that seems to help

But, bottom line there needs to be something done by the development group with the software. It is just way too slow and if you don't watch what is happening with your memory the program will start to crash

ps - I DO KEEP MY TASK MANAGER OPEN ALL THE TIME AND DO USE IT TO HELP MONITOR THE SYSTEM- FOR EXAMPLE I MONITOR BOTH THE MEMORY AND THE CPU USAGE - WHEN I SEE THE MEMORY USAGE CREEPING UP TO A DANGEROUS LEVEL I KNOW THAT IT IS TIME TO CLOSE DOWN THE PROGRAM. I ALSO MONITOR THE CPU USAGE. I HAVE FOUND THAT IF A DO A LOT OF ENTERING/CHANGING/ DATA VERY QUICKLY THE SYSTEM WILL SOMETIMES CRASH SO I WATCH THE CPU USAGE SO THAT IT DOESN'T EXCEED SAY 60 TO 70 PERCENT

IF I LET THE MEMORY REACH A VERY HIGH LEVEL AND AT THE SAME TIM LET THE CPU USAGE GET HIGH - IT IS A GUARANTEE THE SYSTEM IS ABOUT TO CRASH
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Simon Webley 29 May 2013 5:48AM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 29 May 2013 3:36PM GMT 
jamclo 29 May 2013 5:01PM GMT 
drklassen67 10 Aug 2013 12:29AM GMT 
tony_knight 10 Aug 2013 9:36AM GMT 
KJillings 26 Sep 2014 10:45AM GMT 
jamclo 26 Sep 2014 11:56PM GMT 
drklassen67 27 Sep 2014 1:16AM GMT 
wbalson 1 Oct 2014 5:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic