Search for content in message boards

Copy and Paste reports and trees

Replies: 3

Copy and Paste reports and trees

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 5:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I sent in a question to the above address on March 10 and have not received a reply. No where on the web site can I find where to pursue my request. I can not find a location to put in my inquiry # to follow up.

#110311-000465

Question: In my older version of FTM, I was able to generate trees and reports, then copy and paste into Word so that I could manipulate it as I wanted or include parts in a letter to someone. I have generated a tree and now cannot copy and paste it. How do I do that?

Example: Tree
I go to Publish, click Descendant Chart, click create, do all my formating and manipulate the tree to my choices. Now I have a tree. But when I go to Edit, copy is not available to me. I don't want to export it as I want something I can still work with when I get it to the new location.

Example: Gen Report
I go to Publish, Genealogical Reports, click Descendant report, get it the way I want, save it, and then when I go to Edit, copy is not available to me. I want to be able to copy it, paste it to Word and then edit the report. I could do it with my old FTM. How do I do it now?

Thanks for the help.
Hoping that this time I get a reply and an answer to my quandry.

Sincerely,
Karen
wkcall@windstream.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kjcall 18 Mar 2011 11:07PM GMT 
silverfox3280 19 Mar 2011 3:04AM GMT 
kjcall 5 Apr 2011 9:13PM GMT 
silverfox3280 5 Apr 2011 10:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions