Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker- Import and Export between 2006 and 2011

Replies: 10

Re: Family Tree Maker- Import and Export between 2006 and 2011

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 12:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I took the plunge from Version 16 to 2012 about two years ago. While I have problems with the speed of loading and in generating reports, I like the interface with 2012 (I believed it is similar to 2008 through 2011 )

Each window in each function can be resized to fit your needs. If you are working on a family you can make the family view, full screen; or make it smaller to show the index, or a fact, or both. With the family view exposed you can highlight each individual, hit Function 3 and you can view the facts and notes for that person.

The word processor is greatly improved over the one in Version 16 which could barely be consider a word processor.

I do not use the snyc with FTM and do not miss it. I keep everything on my computer and do not having an online tree. In your case you are not able to sync Version 16, so there is no loss.

The two version are different and you may be a little lost when you start using it, but in the end I think you will be glade you changed to the newer version.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
keithnuttle 11 Aug 2013 6:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions