Search for content in message boards

FTM 2010 Find Duplicate Persons problem

Replies: 4

FTM 2010 Find Duplicate Persons problem

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 12:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
In preparing to work with the sync capability of FTM 2012 with AMT and for better coordination with my Y-DNA, mtDNA and atDNA matches I have begun consolidating several independent branches of my famiily tree on Ancestry into a single master FTM tree on my computer. I am currently using FTM 2010.

Naturally I am finding quite a few duplicate persons and am aware of how to use the People>Edit>Find Duplicate persons report.

The problem I am having with this procedure is that when several siblings of the same gender have been entered w/o birth or death dates they are quite often identified as being "identical". When I click on "remove from list" after I have reviewed the two people and found them to truly be different - the next time I re-run the Find Duplicate People list they are again listed.

Is there a way to permanently identify them as being true individuals and not duplicates? Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Bill

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BillHarvey34 16 Sep 2011 6:03PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 17 Sep 2011 12:14PM GMT 
BillHarvey34 17 Sep 2011 1:51PM GMT 
BillHarvey34 18 Sep 2011 3:16PM GMT 
cschoepf 2 Feb 2013 8:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions