I swore when I bought the last verions of FTM that I would not buy another after getting 2 in a row with poor speed, locking up and freezing. Well, the features promised by 2012 sucked me in again, but it still needs lots of work.
1. Stability - the program randomly crashes with no warning.
2. Speed - when I have FTM running, I can't run any other programs on my computer. It takes up all the resources I have - and I'm running a new computer with 4 gigs of RAM, more than enough to run 6 seperate programs with even more windows open everyday at work.
3. I would like to see the ability to create my own personal web page, not just posting my info to Ancestry.com.
4. Matching for historical place names and not just current ones. It would also be nice if we had the option to use United States or USA and have it detect the correct location.
5. Better mapping for foreign countries. I frequently find (especially in the UK) that the city I have listed is spelled correctly and does still exist, and Ancestry will match it to a city by the same name in a totally different county, or will say it doesn't exist.
6. Better syncing - There are times when the database need to sync, but when I click the button, nothing happens. I have to reboot and reload the database to update. 3 times, I have had the program tell me it was unable to sync my data. This left me having to disconnect my local file from Ancestry and download it all over again. Photos don't always sync to Ancestry. They show an icon online that image is missing.