First, my PC: i5-2500k processor. 128 Mb SSD as Drive C. 16 GB of Ram. 2 500 GB data drives. Win 7-64bit OS. Speed index of 7.0. I have a 12 Mb download and 768 kb upload internet connection.
My experience is as follows:
1. Started 2010 and backuped. Installed 2012 (abt 8 minutes) Imported 2010 file and noticed one difference. The file size changed from 128,690 Mb to 151,618 Mb (abt 20%)
2. 27,218 people, 7997 marriages and 4050 surnames.
3. Started Sync process and left the defaults; after 45 minutes I went to bed.
4. This morning, the FTM tree was sync'd to a new Ancestry online tree with the same file name that was opened.
5. All data points as people, marriages, etc. where identical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had hoped it would sync to my already existing tree on Ancestry that had slightly different entries; but, it did not give me that option. I understand that was a BIG hope. So, now I need to reinvite all the previous people that I had from before. But, this should be the last time I have to do it!!!!!!!!!
So, at this time I have no complaints.
I had not been using 2011 FTM due to it's terrible slowness.
Now, I will see how 2012 behaves?????????