Search for content in message boards

Creating a book in FTM 2011

Replies: 18

Re: Creating a book in FTM 2011

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 5:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Russ - if all the "items" you add to the book are a single page or less then you will probably not experience any problems. These arise when you completely fill a page or go on to another page, because the pagination changes between edit mode and print preview mode.

As a word processor it is very basic - you have very little control of headers/footers and page numbering, particularly in terms of layout. These are the little details that make the difference between professional-looking output (which is what you want in a book) and basic output. Maybe Ancestry aren't putting much effort in because they want you to go online and buy from their book options there.

I like many of its features - being able to easily find media items and insert them, but I can also just drag and drop them into Word. I haven't seen the problems with the RTF export yet (maybe because I abandoned the table of contents in favour of getting Word to do it) so I'll probably use the book feature to collect together diagrams, source citations etc. then I'll export it and collect it into a book using Word or Acrobat.

Chris.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Russ Worthing... 20 Nov 2011 5:19PM GMT 
chris_rickaby 20 Nov 2011 5:52PM GMT 
jamclo 21 Nov 2011 1:19AM GMT 
Bob Arens 21 Nov 2011 4:01AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 21 Nov 2011 11:26AM GMT 
chris_rickaby 21 Nov 2011 12:08PM GMT 
mavisparsons4... 4 Jan 2013 7:31AM GMT 
keithnuttle 4 Jan 2013 2:53PM GMT 
mavisparsons4... 6 Jan 2013 9:17PM GMT 
per page