Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker 2012 Sync problems

Replies: 182

Re: Family Tree Maker 2012 Sync problems

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 2:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2012 2:20AM GMT
Russ

i've just turned my laptop on ... i stopped the update last night as 7 hours seems a long time...

The man i deleted off ancestry and why i did this = It seems after finding a document and his place of birth the other day and adding it to ancestry, there was a discrepancy as to his place of birth ..
all the same county but a mis spell of the actual place..I had a message letting me know of the descrepency when i tried to sunc through ftm.. i corrected it manually.. its since then i cannot sync but when i turn on my computer and come over to Ancestry i get the " Family Tree Maker is Updating This Tree
The tree "December 2011 full family" is unavailable while it is being updated by Family Tree Maker. Other trees may be available while this is happening. Cancel Update" message...

I dont turn off my pc while its syncing as it wont sync! Each day i click the "please compact your file and try to sync but i cannot sync... i just get the message "An error occured while synchronizinf this tree. You can try again later, but if this message recurs, you may need to unlink your trees and upload a new tree from Family Tree Maker"

As i said i have just turned on my computer and went straight away to ancestry where its once again updating!! i can only come to these messages by opening another window..

Think i'm losing the will to live.. this programme sounded great but its driving me bonkers :(
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Yorkiepudding 31 Dec 2011 4:40PM GMT 
hollistagirly 31 Dec 2011 4:55PM GMT 
Aileen Devlin 1 Jan 2012 4:42AM GMT 
Yorkiepudding 1 Jan 2012 11:33AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 2 Jan 2012 5:43AM GMT 
Yorkiepudding 2 Jan 2012 9:19AM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 2 Jan 2012 12:11PM GMT 
Yorkiepudding 2 Jan 2012 1:34PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 2 Jan 2012 2:05PM GMT 
Yorkiepudding 2 Jan 2012 2:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions