Search for content in message boards

Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Replies: 10

Re: Sync issue with "analyzing online changes"

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
By "the same issue", do you mean that you're getting the "previous sync failed" error?

This happened to me recently, and getting around it was a multi-step process.

Part of the problem in my case was due to the way Ancestry had created marriage records from databases that don't list spouses. When I attached the corresponding records to my Ancestry project, it created hidden "unknown" spouses for each person (not visible from the website, but visible in FTM). Once these bogus "unknown" spouses had found their way into my FTM project, I was no longer able to sync successfully.

My solution (your mileage may vary) was to enter dummy names for the "unknown" spouses in FTM, then merge them with the real spouses and delete any duplicate citations, etc. After that, I was able to sync successfully again.

In general, whenever I've had sync failures, I restore my FTM database to the version prior to the last *successful* sync, and then re-sync. I also always generate and save a TreeSyncLog file, so that I can consult it to identify possible sources of corruption in the downloaded data from the website, and then fix them manually in FTM.

Hope this helps,
Darren Price
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Laura Harlow 12 Jan 2012 8:34PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 13 Jan 2012 1:21PM GMT 
Laura Harlow 13 Jan 2012 2:19PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 13 Jan 2012 2:29PM GMT 
Laura Harlow 13 Jan 2012 2:37PM GMT 
Laura Harlow 13 Jan 2012 4:57PM GMT 
B_Larkan 6 Sep 2013 6:37PM GMT 
Barbara Taylo... 6 Sep 2013 11:03PM GMT 
cleaverkin 10 Sep 2013 4:55AM GMT