Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 BOOK CRASHES

Replies: 28

Re: FTM 2012 BOOK CRASHES

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 3:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
swtnssss comment

"I have read through the crash report and it is indicating by the exceptions that the FTM program itself is attempting to access a protected area of memory; also indicating that it is unsafe code."

I suggest you address this issue to the development group and not the support group

Their address is the following:

http://ftm.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ftm.cfg/php/enduser/form.php...

I also had crashes when attempting to create books and got no help from the support group and no solutions to the problem from this forum

What I evenually did was EVERYTIME [sometime 3 times in one day] I had a crash I made a copy of the crash report and sent it along with an explanation of the problem to the Development Group. I did this probably 20-30 times and all of a sudden on the next update to the program the problem went away [Note since you can't attach anything to the message you send to the development group you will probably have to copy and paste your crash report to the explanation, i.e., make your crash report an integral part of your explanation]

If you do this everytime you experience a crash and point out to the developers that the crash report indicates the code is "unsafe" I am sure you will eventually get their attention
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Russ Worthing... 4 Sep 2012 10:54AM GMT 
swtnssss 4 Sep 2012 2:10PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 4 Sep 2012 2:37PM GMT 
swtnssss 4 Sep 2012 3:06PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 4 Sep 2012 3:11PM GMT 
swtnssss 4 Sep 2012 7:45PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 4 Sep 2012 9:16PM GMT 
keithnuttle 4 Sep 2012 10:10PM GMT 
swtnssss 4 Sep 2012 11:10PM GMT 
keithnuttle 5 Sep 2012 12:09AM GMT 
per page