Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 sync and media files

Replies: 5

Re: FTM 2012 sync and media files

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 10:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Who cares anyways - don't put anything on there that you don't want anyone else to see

We should all care! I have always been more then willing to share that which is mine to share. I take great satisfaction when I see those in the ancestry.com community link to, or download photos that belong to me that I've uploaded to ancestry.com or other genealogy web sites. I offer them willingly and freely. However, when it comes to intellectual property of others I find it improper if not ILLEGAL, without permission, to post them on the internet.

I've been a user of FTM since the very first version of the program and will continue to be a user. I merely pointed out that until there is an easier way to exclude media files from the new sync function I personally don't find, at this time, a need to upgrade. I'm sure that FTM will recognize the problem and fix it in the future if not, and they come up with a feature that I feel I just can't do without I'll upgrade and opt not to use the sync feature.

In the mean time we should all be mindful of the intellectual property of others and remember if we don't respect the terms of agreement which allows access to the various sources information then access may be denied to all of us.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DennisHessey 25 Feb 2012 11:33PM GMT 
tulrose 25 Feb 2012 11:42PM GMT 
DennisHessey 26 Feb 2012 12:21AM GMT 
lindhale 26 Feb 2012 3:25AM GMT 
DennisHessey 26 Feb 2012 5:09AM GMT 
lindhale 26 Feb 2012 5:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions