Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 Genealogy Reports

Replies: 4

Re: FTM 2012 Genealogy Reports

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 8:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have tried just using the default settings, which are name, birth, death and marriage, and the report still has the same problems. This is just my paternal line, but it goes back 12 generations. On my old webpage through FTM 2005, I was able to display 5 reports. The first one was an index of all the people in my database and the other four were the paternal and maternal lines for both my father and my mother. FTM 2005 use to crank these reports out in 4 or 5 minutes with all notes, and references included. You will never know the amount of new data that has come my way just because of these four reports.

And I have uploaded my tree to ancestry.com. That was one of the fixes they suggested in order to fix any problems in my database. In the old days (very early days of FTM) they use to have a databse tool that you could run to identify any problems. They say that no tool exists now.

If this is suppose to be a "much better" program, then why can't it handle a simple report. I am not asking it to do anything more then what was available in FTM 2005. And as a side note, when I ran my reports on FTM 2005, it was on a PC that had an Intel Pentium 4 processor and 1 GB of memory. I am trying to run the same report in FTM 2012 on a PC that has an Intel I5 processor with 4 GB of memory. If I was running this report on FTM 2005 on this PC, it would be done before I could click the mouse button.
I will take a look at world Connect, to see if would fit my needs. I have even considered installing FTM 2010 to see if it handles the reports any better.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ckmaness 10 Apr 2012 8:10PM GMT 
silverfox3280 10 Apr 2012 10:28PM GMT 
ckmaness 11 Apr 2012 2:43AM GMT 
silverfox3280 11 Apr 2012 3:56AM GMT 
dbasile46 15 Feb 2013 7:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions