I feel your pain! I sent my entire file to CS per my email above so they could analyze it to assist with solving the problem. That was over 3 weeks ago - no response yet.
I gave up on FTM and 'cleaned up' the Ancestry tree and have been updating that. FTM lost all my media (converted them all to unidentified media items so I had to go through every media item (7000) and reattach them to the correct people!
I updated the program, deleted all other trees and downloaded a current GEDCOM from Ancestry because I wanted to print a 'Place Report' in FTM for a trip. I tried to run the place report by selecting my grandfather and all ancestors - got 12 people (the report should have contained over 100). Tried for grandmother - got 20 - again should have been over 100 since I have traced these 2 families back to the 1600's. The program is totally useless!
I wound up doing an excel spreadsheet off the ancestry.com tree.