Search for content in message boards

FTM 2 for MAC Sync Problems

Replies: 30

Re: FTM 2 for MAC Sync Problems

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Peggy I started this thread quite a few months ago and have to confess I gave up on the service centre response which; was unashamedly in denial on FTM2 problems being anything but a user issue either a bad install or FFS (fat finger syndrome). I gave up wasting my time. It is exactly as Dan has responded for me to focus all my updates and changes to the online version of my tree in Ancestry and when I need to prepare some reports or go visit relatives where I may not have an Internet connection etc I delete the current FTM2 version in FTM and download the current Ancestry tree. It is chore and depending on the size of your tree could be time consuming.

It is really difficult with these big global organsiations to get them to listen the only time they sit up and take notice is when the issue starts to impact on their bottom line or share price unfortunately the numbers that have responded to this thread will not be seen as a threat it is sad really but service levels have certainly taken a tumble in recent years.

I have to add that my Syncro issue has improved just recently I have not changed anything with my system i.e. still on Lion, the only thought I have is recently there were 2 occasions when Ancestry had issues when their online system was unavailable for extended times (2 days) and their server could not be reached due to scheduled maintenance according to the message board traffic and feedback I received from the service centre it may just be a coincidence however since that time about 5 weeks now my FTM2 tree syncs with my online tree when ever I open it, I still only maintain the online ancestry tree so long may it continue! I have not changed my opinion and still think that the SW has issues and will continue to use the work a round to manage the sync from Ancestry to FTM2 to ensure my reports are current and for when I am on the road.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jaznjjj 24 Jan 2013 7:46AM GMT 
millikan_baug... 13 Jun 2012 5:33PM GMT 
brnn69 13 Jun 2012 8:26PM GMT 
pbgish 27 Aug 2012 4:04AM GMT 
Dan Duffy 27 Aug 2012 4:33AM GMT 
brnn69 27 Aug 2012 5:34PM GMT 
pbgish 27 Aug 2012 7:00PM GMT 
Bettye367m 29 Aug 2012 6:16PM GMT 
susantomlinso... 24 Sep 2012 9:47PM GMT 
HJC3HJC3 24 Sep 2012 10:32PM GMT 
per page