Search for content in message boards

Suggested improvements for FTM 2012

Replies: 22

Re: Suggested improvements for FTM 2012

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2012 3:47PM GMT
KathieMariAnn said: "All well and good, but suppose the next time you want to use that report you want to have different settings, including generations, and the different settings are not any of the settings you previously saved?"

You can set these new settings as a new setting and save it by name or as the new default setting. When you go to retrieve a setting with "Use Saved Setting" icon, you have 3 choices:

1) FTM's original default
2) Your last preferred setting (each time a preferred setting is saved, it erases the old one.)
3) A previously changed *.ftmt file that you, yourself, have named.

You can also save a report as a saved report. You retrieve it by going into Saved Reports at Publish > Collections.

I tried 0 generations and got nothing. I'd prefer to get one generation though; so that I can see what the report looks like and the current settings are before I start changing them. You could request an enhancement for 0 generations if that floats your boat, but it does nothing for me.

Another note:

When you first start FTM and go to a report, you will be getting the "preferred settings" you have set or, if none, the default FTM settings. You can change that setting by retrieving a previously set of settings at the "Use saved settings" icon.

If you leave a report during the current work session and go back to a given report later, it will be with the settings you were last using in this work session. This is so you don't have to re-create settings you were working with during this work session. This is so that if you are flipping back and forth between the People Place and the Publishing Place, or different reports, etc, you don't lose the settings you have during this work session.

I have lots of complaints and enhancement requests about FTM, but I personally don't see much room for improvement in the area of settings - or at least, I'd rather they worked on my enhancment requests first (Like having a direct-line Descendant Genealogy (Register) Report, and a line-by-line ancestor Genealogy Register report as an alternative to the Ahnentafel Ancestor Register report.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DJONES1415 27 Apr 2012 11:29PM GMT 
keithnuttle 28 Apr 2012 12:59AM GMT 
DJONES1415 28 Apr 2012 2:56AM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 26 Aug 2012 6:08PM GMT 
silverfox3280 26 Aug 2012 8:02PM GMT 
curmil 26 Aug 2012 10:41PM GMT 
silverfox3280 26 Aug 2012 11:53PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 27 Aug 2012 7:59AM GMT 
silverfox3280 28 Aug 2012 9:42PM GMT 
KATHYMARIEANN 29 Aug 2012 7:37AM GMT 
per page