Search for content in message boards

Photos not showing in Ancestry tree

Replies: 30

Buggy synching

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 9:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Taking Russ' request to complain to Technical Support, here is what I wrote, which should also explain what I am also experiencing:

-----

Hello,

I recently bought FTM2012, and uploaded my tree as a new one and waited for the synch to complete. You can see it in the attachment “ftm2012 view” with an arrow added to point out the good local entry. All looks well.

Once I was certain the synch was complete, I went to the web site to view, and see that the profile picture (one of many) is missing. This is shown in the attachment “webpage view” with an arrow added to point out the bad web entry.

So I went into the profile for the missing picture and I see no pictures at all. See the attachment “profileview”.

So then I selected “gallery” and the profile picture appears in the special pane, and ONLY there, while it is missing from the gallery, while other pictures are there with a few missing. See attachment “galleryview”.

Now, I would hate to go through each and every one of my 3,453 entries and have to verify which media item was randomly chosen to be omitted. And there is no synching taking place at all, as you could see from the upper right corner of my first attachment. Even a forced manual one makes no difference, and yes, the files are in Autosynch mode.

It appears that there is a bug with the synching of image data. Please advise with something other than telling me to go through 3,543 entries to manually validate my tree.

Thank you.

Leo J Langevin

----

Hopefully I will get an answer that I can live with!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Barbara Taylo... 14 Jan 2013 12:14AM GMT 
leo Langevin 18 Jul 2013 3:17PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 18 Jul 2013 3:38PM GMT 
leo Langevin 18 Jul 2013 3:57PM GMT 
leo Langevin 18 Jul 2013 4:09PM GMT 
Russ Worthing... 18 Jul 2013 4:22PM GMT 
leo Langevin 18 Jul 2013 4:41PM GMT 
leo Langevin 18 Jul 2013 5:04PM GMT 
leo Langevin 18 Jul 2013 8:10PM GMT 
richway12 19 Jul 2013 2:02AM GMT 
per page