Search for content in message boards

Creating Books

Replies: 13

Re: Creating Books

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 3:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
A different slant on Books.

First I have my wife's and my family in one large file.

I have books for each of the grandparent of my daughters. This is four books for my wife's and my parents. While the fringes may overlap, usually these books are completely independent.

While it is my opinion that all books should have a title page, table of contents, and an index, my books have a slghtly different make up.

I start my books with a text document that introduces each family.

I create my books with genealogical reports that contain all facts and notes in my database. It contains the a genealogy report of the primary family. ie the family with the longest continuous name. I supplement this with genealogy reports for the maternal families.In my books these sub family go until they marry into the primary family. With fairly extensive, formatted notes these parts give a readable report on the family.

I usually include a ancestor chart for the primary individual. This helps orient the subfamilies to the primary family.

When there is major information to support my conclusion, interesting stories about the family, or speculation about the families origin, I I place the information in a text document. These test documents can be several pages.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bettymcfa 8 Oct 2012 12:52PM GMT 
David Abernat... 8 Oct 2012 3:27PM GMT 
bettymcfa 8 Oct 2012 4:14PM GMT 
David Abernat... 8 Oct 2012 4:41PM GMT 
keithnuttle 8 Oct 2012 9:04PM GMT 
David Abernat... 9 Oct 2012 12:36AM GMT 
keithnuttle 9 Oct 2012 3:07AM GMT 
David Abernat... 9 Oct 2012 3:40AM GMT 
keithnuttle 9 Oct 2012 12:24PM GMT 
David Abernat... 9 Oct 2012 2:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions