Search for content in message boards

Family Tree Maker Management Strategy

Replies: 8

Re: Family Tree Maker Management Strategy

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 11:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have my wife's and my family all in one large database. As you get into your families you will find connection you had not idea existed. In my tree, I had always thought my parents were the first connection between the two family. Come to find out there was a connection about 15 years before my parents were married.

Just last night I realized to people in two different families were brother and sister, so by having them in one database it was easy to make the connection.

I don't think there is a way to share part of your database with your cousin. You can export part of you tree for you cousin. Or if you have an online tree, you can give him access to your tree.

While your cousin may not be interested in your wife's family, is there any reason you should not allow him access to your online tree? Personally even when give edit access to someone's online tree, I always give the information to them and let them add the information to their tree. If I add information to his tree, I may move his tree into a direction he did not want.

I don't have an online tree, but frequently share sub families with cousins from that subfamily. I have prepared four basic and extensive FTM books. Depending on the cousin's relationship I will send him one of the FTM Books or prepare a shorter book just for the portion of the family he is interested in. These FTM Books are not on paper, so when ever I print a book for someone it has the latest data in the database.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
polarbeeer 3 Nov 2012 4:27AM GMT 
AGHatchett3rd 3 Nov 2012 10:08AM GMT 
polarbeeer 3 Nov 2012 12:52PM GMT 
Marco Scavo 3 Nov 2012 1:28PM GMT 
polarbeeer 3 Nov 2012 3:06PM GMT 
gldaggett 3 Nov 2012 3:41PM GMT 
polarbeeer 3 Nov 2012 4:11PM GMT 
keithnuttle 3 Nov 2012 5:52PM GMT 
David Abernat... 3 Nov 2012 3:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions