I think you are missing the point. The facts are not about the complete story just the events that surround it. In this case you should by all means build a story about he event and right it down for the future. But you must also record the events that transpired in the making of this story.
The STORY, has several EVENTs:
1) The killing,
2) The change of address by "some" family members,
3) Military Service by "some" family members.
4) Possible participation in the actual skirmish by "some" family members.
So you are doing TWO separate things:
1) Documenting the events that occured to the individuals in the family regarding this larger event.
2) Creating a "Smart Story". A "Smart Story" can be created either from the facts you enter for each person or by typing the story out. In this case you may want to type it out. I personally do not have much experience with "Smart Stories" but this is probably something you can ask the board.