Search for content in message boards

Issue upgrading FTM from 21.0.0.452 to 21.0.0.723

Replies: 2

Issue upgrading FTM from 21.0.0.452 to 21.0.0.723

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 8:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi All,

I'm my wife's IT department, so I've been tasked with trying to figure out an issue she is having with the latest update to the FTM software (21.0.0.723). Prior to the upgrade, she was running 21.0.0.452. In this version, she is able to open her tree and do the usual things. She doesn't have her data uploaded/linked since she isn't keen on having her data out on the internet.

After upgrading to 723, the software refuses to open the tree and complains about the tree being already open or corrupted (the first of which is obviously not true and the second unlikely since the slightly older version can open it). It suggests compacting the file (which doesn't help). I've tried manually patching to 704 then to 723 with similar results. I've got her running the older version at the moment, but it seems like it would be good to have the latest patches installed long term. Short term, it seems like most of the updates have to do with the uploading/linking functions which she doesn't really use.

Any ideas on why this is happening and what the solution might be?

Thanks,
Kendall
PS We recently upgraded to window 7, but she had the same problem when she was using windows xp, so it isn't an OS issue.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
klandel_thims 4 Jan 2013 3:38PM GMT 
silverfox3280 4 Jan 2013 5:25PM GMT 
klandel_thims 4 Jan 2013 11:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions