Search for content in message boards

NEED HELP WITH FAMILY TREE MAKER PLATINUM PLEASE

Replies: 3

Re: NEED HELP WITH FAMILY TREE MAKER PLATINUM PLEASE

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 8:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Cheryl

Since you just bought FTM I am assuming it is FTM 2012, the latest version. I am not sure what you mean by “only used once”. Could you provide more explanation?

There is only one version of the FTM program. Platinum refers to the extras that come with it, usually a brief subscription to Ancestry.com and maybe some other stuff.

FTM can be used as many times as you want. It can be reinstalled if that becomes necessary. You said you are going to “copy the info” but you don’t say where you are going to copy it from. I suggest you create a file and learn how to use FTM before you start making permanent updates. This way you can try different things without worrying about making mistakes. Just go thru the various menus and try the options. Once you are comfortable using FTM you can “copy the info” into a permanent file and start making the real updates. I suggest you keep the file you were learning with. When you come across a new condition you can try it on the test file first to make sure you understand what you are doing.

Curt

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cherylaj57 5 Jan 2013 11:46AM GMT 
keithnuttle 5 Jan 2013 3:02PM GMT 
alanmon 5 Jan 2013 8:19PM GMT 
curmil 5 Jan 2013 3:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions