Search for content in message boards

How to enter those complicated Norwegian names into FTM!?

Replies: 17

Re: How to enter those complicated Norwegian names into FTM!?

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Well, I think of it as being the first of a two -part farm/location ID name ie: Thorsen (of) Forborget or whatever location.

By using the suffix slot for the DNA reference a specific related line can be traced in either direction, upstream or downstream, by a visual scan of family members as I move from generation to generation with ease.

I have several instances where an ancestral couple is the connecting point for five or more different descendant lines where the families are large, generation after generation, - so I can scan the listing of children's names with their adherent suffix tags showing within each generation and readily follow whichever of the descendant lines I am interested in.

If I understand your suggestion I would have to successively open each child's
personal view until I found the line I was tracing. and then proceed to the next generation and again go through the procedure of successively looking at each child's DNA tag.

Admittedly my method is not ideal and I will be interested to see how others are tagging atDNA lines within their Ancestry personal trees linked to FTM 2012?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kj_norway 9 Sep 2013 1:12PM GMT 
BillHarvey34 9 Sep 2013 5:28PM GMT 
kj_norway 9 Sep 2013 6:16PM GMT 
BillHarvey34 9 Sep 2013 10:58PM GMT 
kj_norway 10 Sep 2013 2:28AM GMT 
BillHarvey34 10 Sep 2013 4:01AM GMT 
beritgullbekk 11 Sep 2013 7:12AM GMT 
beritgullbekk 9 Sep 2013 1:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions