Regarding this post, I would like to know if you or anyone has found the corruption of names (which I also started to experience, most readily observed in lists of people) was caused by:
a) only FTM2012 or
b) only by Ancestry.com or
c) by both, when trying to sync linked trees?
I am not sure which is the primary culprit, or if it is the sync function itself that interfaces the linked FTM and Ancestry.com trees.
I started seeing the same problems as previously described starting Dec 2012, but had few if any sync errors or data discrepancies before then with FTM2012 for the past year.
No FTM or Ancestry.com tech support suggested fixes have worked, and it appears to me in discussions and their responses that either they are incompetent or they do not care to really solve these serious pervasive sync failures.
I even took more extreme measures similar to those in a prior message on this thread that describes thoroughly removing of all traces of FTM and Ancestry.com in Windows folders and registry to freshly reinstall the software. After doing so, and even with a "clean" and "diagnostic" (no nonessential MS services running) boot plus no security running, FTM2012 Sync still FAILS Exactly as before - including multiple areas of corruption of data (changed names, duplicates added, etc.).
In addition, my FTM2012 installed on my new Win8pro64 PC will now (starting Jan 2013, not doing it before) sync in Only ONE direction; i.e., only changes I manually make in the online Ancestry.com linked tree are synced to my FTM tree, while all changes made in FTM2012 are NEVER uploaded into my Ancestry.com tree when syncing any linked trees - including fresh new small test trees. Has anyone else had this particular problem with the Sync program only working in one direction (only changes made in Ancestry.com tree are sent to the FTM2012 tree, not visa versa)? If so, have you found any solutions?
The one-way syncing I am experiencing may be irrelevant for maintaining integrity of data in linked trees, but it may have some diagnostic troubleshooting significance.
Considering results of my and others' troubleshooting, I also must conclude that this sync failure is caused by bad software programming code in either or both FTM2012 or the sync interface for linked Ancestry.com trees; i.e., it is NOT the fault of 3rd party software, including security settings or other easy targets that FTM and Ancestry.com are trying to pin blame on. Instead, unless FTM and Ancestry.com can prove otherwise, these sync failures are caused by their substandard programming and faulty software.
It sure would be great if these companies would develop some accountability and professional integrity, which they have consistently shown a disgraceful lack of either.