Search for content in message boards

Sync Failed-An error occurred while "Preparing data to be downloaded from Ancestry"

Replies: 40

No Ancestry Tree availability

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 6:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
I take that back. Worked until I tried to sync again. Went through the whole process and then failed (after the report of changes, which were only from ATM to FTM. Now I'm locked out of my tree on ATM - says it's syncing.

I can bring up FTM but I don't know whether to work there or not - I just don't know what is going on and until I do it worries me, even with backups.

And, for the record, this is not a user problem. It's not because user equipment is corrupted or because users are mis-using ATM or FTM.

It's because Ancestry tweaks things without letting us know, using us as unwitting beta-testers but not listening to any feedback. We have all learned to back up six ways every day to ensure the safety of our data but they have apparently not developed a system for untweaking when something goes wrong. Or letting us know what it was, when it happened, how to work around it, when it will be fixed or even that it will ever be fixed or that they are in any way sorry.

If such communications exist, please let me know where I can find them. Today I have reached my limit of tolerance. Today I cannot utter a word of support for Ancestry. I don't want to join the ranks of the haters and the whiners - but WTF are they doing?

A former, and hopefully future, advocate for all things Ancestry. Lori
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lbragg 26 Feb 2013 6:19PM GMT 
AxelLarson 26 Feb 2013 8:18PM GMT 
lbragg 26 Feb 2013 9:34PM GMT 
jamclo 26 Feb 2013 10:23PM GMT 
AxelLarson 27 Feb 2013 1:39AM GMT 
lbragg 27 Feb 2013 4:19PM GMT 
AxelLarson 28 Feb 2013 12:50AM GMT 
lbragg 28 Feb 2013 1:59PM GMT 
barbarajfn 28 Feb 2013 4:50PM GMT 
lbragg 28 Feb 2013 5:36PM GMT