I had not sync-ed for a little more than 24 hours. With the website problems yesterday and again today, I was reluctant to attempt a sync.
Since it seems to have stabilized late today, I started a sync. Normally a sync takes no more than 30 minutes, usually much less. I am already more than 60 minutes in and still have not reached the point of seeing the sync log.
I usually do not experience slowness of this degree unless I have made changes on the FTM interface, which I have not done.
I also have NOT made major changes to my tree - with the website issues, that has obviously not been possible.
Just a "be aware" for others.