Well... I have run out of options and can't seem to get passed the "No Internet Connection" error. I have scoured these posts as well as searching the internet for a correction.
Bottom Line Up Front: I can't link my file with the one on Ancestry.com. I can't Register the software. I don't have a "Dashboard." When trying to execute any of these commands, I get a Message Box that says "No Internet Connection."
What I have done:
1. Turned off my Firewall.
2. Turned on my Firewall.
3. Ensured my Firewall allowed Family Tree Maker to pass through the Firewall... both inbound and outbound... and the right ports were turned on.
4. Turned off my virus protection
5. Turned on my virus protection
6. Turned off both my Firewall and Virus protection.
7. Set Internet Explorer as default (I usually use Chrome)
8. Reset my Internet Explorer settings
9. Changed my Internet Explorer security settings to Medium.
10. Ensured my Computer Date/Time was accurate and synced with an internet time service.
11. Went to "service.familytreemaker.com..." and made sure I was getting the prescribed return.
12. Re-downloaded my purchased software three times
13. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software twice.
14. Went to the FTM "Tools" menu and selected the internet speed and clicked "OK".
15. Compacted the file, went offline, online... and various sequences of these three.
16. I am probably forgetting others... pretty much everything else that the previous boards have suggested.
I am able to:
1. Check for software updates.
2. Access the internet through the FTM software through the Web Search GUI.
1. Family Tree Maker 2012; 22.214.171.1243, product code 048621F00
2. Windows 7 Home Premium; Version 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601
3. 64 Bit
4. Microsoft Essentials Virus
5. Microsoft Firewall
To Note: I did purchase an "Upgrade" version which I upgraded from Version 7.0, which is still installed on my machine.
Any suggestions are appreciated.