Search for content in message boards

Deleting Unlinked Source Citation

Replies: 7

Deleting Unlinked Source Citation

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
And I did search help.
This has to do with a piece of a tree I detached but still has the source citations for people that are no longer in this part of the tree.
I choose sources.
I get three columns. On the Left it says Source Broups. The right column is Source Citation Information. The center column gives the particular citations from the highlighted group on the left.
This I know how to do: I right click a source group, and say to delete it. I am asked, do I want to delete it and am given the chance to look at source usage. If all of them are "no link" then I can safely delete that source group.
This I do NOT know how to do: Say of that group, there is one citation that HAS a link and I do not want to delete it.
I thought then I could go to the center panel and delete the individual citations without deleting the group. But I am afraid to say yes in case it will delete the whole group.
I am checking to see if there are any links and not deleting anything that has a link. So
CAN I delete the individual citations in the center panel and it will delete only that citation and leave the rest of the group alone?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
barbarajfn 28 Mar 2013 9:11PM GMT 
silverfox3280 28 Mar 2013 10:12PM GMT 
barbarajfn 28 Mar 2013 11:14PM GMT 
sl_kelly 28 Mar 2013 11:59PM GMT 
barbarajfn 29 Mar 2013 2:05AM GMT 
sl_kelly 29 Mar 2013 3:11AM GMT 
Gretchen Mark... 7 Mar 2014 12:59PM GMT 
DavidNewton31 7 Mar 2014 3:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions