Search for content in message boards

Script Errors when using Bing Maps

Replies: 7

Script Errors when using Bing Maps

Posted: 9 Apr 2013 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
I recently downloaded the Bing Maps and was exploring the application. When listing places by people, some times it works fine and other times it doesn't. For instance: my sister's places all show up when I click the check marks. Her birth in Indiana, grade school in FL, college in TN, exchange program in Italy, grad school in MI. But when I pull up my father, none of his places show up on the map, and I get a green bar across the top that looks like a loading bar. If I click on any one of his places I get a script error. I took a screen shot of it, but it's too small to make anything out. I saw this mentioned on a post from 2 years ago, but the message that posted a screen shot was never replied to, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

The message starts with the ! inside the yellow yield sign.
"An error has occurred in the script on this page"
"Line: 1"
"Char: 1"
"Error: Unable to get value of the property 'Add Shapre': object is null or undefined."
"Code: 0"
"URL: http://service.familytreemaker.com/OhanaService/views/Places..."
"Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"
"Yes" "No"

I get this on various people. Should I uninstall Bing Maps and then re-install it?

FYI: FTM 2012 was installed in Nov. 2012. I am using Windows 7, and either Chrome or Firefox, both of which are up to date. I have included "County" after all county names in the US. Sometimes FTM liked that, and sometimes it didn't.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mchristip 9 Apr 2013 9:03PM GMT 
Sean Franklin 10 Apr 2013 2:10AM GMT 
mchristip 20 Apr 2013 9:09PM GMT 
Sean Franklin 21 Apr 2013 1:03AM GMT 
mchristip 21 Apr 2013 8:31PM GMT 
mchristip 21 Apr 2013 8:41PM GMT 
Sean Franklin 22 Apr 2013 3:02PM GMT 
mchristip 22 Apr 2013 3:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic