Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 Facts can't be added easily and it keeps crashing

Replies: 4

FTM 2012 Facts can't be added easily and it keeps crashing

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Something has happened to FTM 2012 in the past few days (kinda since the weekend 04/13-04/14). It is crashing multiple times every day. Prior to the weekend, I did not have ONE crash. It is like the FTM software folks made some kind of change and it is affecting performance.

Also several features stopped working. For example when working on ACOM, finding a fact (such as a census), then trying to add it to a specific name by clicking on the "Save" button, NEWLY added names DO NOT show up when you key in the name. If the new name you are trying to add the fact to is a William Jones, his name WILL NOT show up, yet ALL the other William's, added prior to last weekend, WILL show up. Names added prior to the weekend show up, BUT not the NEWLY added ones.

I made sure the NEW names are on the tree in ACOM, so it is not that the files are not sync'ed, as they are.

I backup my file locally every 10 minutes now because of the frequent crashes. I compact it often. So my file should be in good shape.

Today a new wrinkle. Clicking on the "Save" button will not add old or new names. Instead you get a message that some Ancestry.com features are temporarily not available????

Any idea?

Greg Gates
Lake Oswego, Oregon

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gregates 19 Apr 2013 1:48AM GMT 
yorkshirerose... 19 Apr 2013 9:20AM GMT 
Antony Marr 19 Apr 2013 11:57AM GMT 
gregates 19 Apr 2013 5:41PM GMT 
gregates 19 Apr 2013 8:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic