I reverted to IE 9 and can now successfully merge. However, I have an issue that I did not have before. I normally copy the summary information for census and other information from the search pane within windows and paste into my research notes as well as merge the data. Because of the data columns used, I couldn't copy the data without a lot of editing from a direct ancestry search. But, I used to be able to do it from inside the FTM web search window. Since I reverted to IE 9, it acts like it does with the IE web page outside of FTM. This is annoying not to be able to use the latest browser and then losing some of the previous efficiency of documenting through copying and pasting of data.