Search for content in message boards

Not able to Merge Ancestry matched records to FTM2012

Replies: 21

Re: Not able to Merge Ancestry matched records to FTM2012

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 3:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I had been having MAJOR crashing problems with the merge feature using FTN2012 and being up in ACOM to find and ultimately add/merge fact to a person. As of yesterday, the ACOM software folks must have made progress on that part of the problem (which I think is related to the merge problem). My system is not crashing. The ACOM software folks must have been working on this crashing issue.

BUT..........Still there is the problem with newly added names on FTM, they seem to be on the ACOM family tree (after the latest sync), but not available to add/merge feature to add the fact (such as a US Census)via the use of the "Save" \/ button at the bottom!

[1] On FTM I constantly backup, compact and sync. All my browsers cashes are clean. Cookies set correctly etc etc.
[2] I find a Fact like the 1920 Census.
[2] Via the "Save" button, I attempt to add/merge it to a person.
[3] ACOM asks if I want to attach to someone OR save to shoebox.
[4] I leave the dot in the "attach" to a person command, then click on the "Continue" button.
[5] ACOM asks me to key in the name I want to attach it to.
[6] Keying in the name, USUALLY if it is a name added recently (not a week ago), the list of suggestion names DOES NOT have the NEWLY added name there (or the new updated name if one has changed it from a week ago (such as adding a maiden name or a middle initial, the recently updated FTM name IS NOT updated on ACOM, despite being sync'ed). NOTE: if I go to my newly sync'ed ACOM tree, the updated name IS there updates or added. BUT..........Is not in the list of suggestions mentioned above.
[7] IF a previously added name (like a week ago) IS in the list of suggestions, I click on the "Attach" button.
[8] ACOM takes one to a screen where the following error message is displayed:
"Some tree features are temporarily unavailable. During this time you may not be able to add new information to your tree. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue."
[9] STILL doing this today Sunday 04/21/2013.
[10] So let's see if they can fix this?

So far so good on the crashing!
ACOM folks, find this problem and we are there.

Greg Gates
Lake Oswego, Oregon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cschoepf 23 Apr 2013 3:53AM GMT 
ArleneGuen1 23 Apr 2013 11:50AM GMT 
JSuriano88 23 Apr 2013 12:33PM GMT 
phildavidson4... 21 Apr 2013 2:59AM GMT 
tonyjsmart 21 Apr 2013 3:33PM GMT 
Dyane43 21 Apr 2013 8:50PM GMT 
sl_kelly 21 Apr 2013 9:49PM GMT 
phildavidson4... 22 Apr 2013 12:40AM GMT 
gregates 21 Apr 2013 9:10PM GMT